Saturday, March 1

t'qifsha gripin e nones*

I went for one weekend only to Kosova, for the independence celebration. But the end I stayed there almost 2 weeks and I arrived in Skopje only 2 days ago - on Thursday afternoon.
First, as I wrote, my boyfriend could not be in Prishtina for the independence declaration on Feb 17. He returned to Pr only on Feb 18 and I wanted to spend some time with him. Ok, a little bit unstable situation, a very extraordinary event - everybody will forgive me if I stay a couple days more. When I was already packed and ready to go "home", I found out that all kids are sick with flue at SOS Children Village and that we don't need to go to "work". Ok, it was Thursday then....on Friday there is no work. I can stay for another weekend, why not?
I met 2 Latvian KFOR soldiers and their interpreters. We met in the National Park, had a coffee and then we all joined my boyfriend, his friend and some other guys for a basketball game. One of the soldiers went to play while I was talking to the other one. I was a bit nervous because of their strict rules, and what to ask and what topics I should avoid... plus I don't usually like to be considered crazy because I do not feel I am crazy myself. Still, it takes time to change this predisposition. I also know with what kind of katunars (peasants) they need to work with and there are many of them (katunars, I mean)... Anyways, the bottom line is that I was a bit stressed and negligent towards my boyfriend. Plus a few more misunderstandings, and we got into a silly fight. I did want to leave the next day but he did not want to let me go before we reconcile completely. And I did not feel like going either.
And then we got the damned FLUE. Maybe the fight killed our immunities, so it hit us especially badly. But it sounds that this year it is especially nasty. The nasty year. It is characterized by high fever (38-39C), terrible deep cough, pain all over the body (especially back...dunno why), stuffed nose - of course.
But now I feel much better and soon going to Sarajevo! MIDTERM TRAINING!


*untranslatable swearing in Albanian

No comments: