Monday, March 24

a letter from near the ocean











Hi! My mom landed successfully from her Amazing Race through European airports and testing different airlines (she preferred Croatia Airlines). First day we spent at the Children Village. She could not resist helping us with teaching methodology and joined the English language Beginners' course for the Village's moms and aunts.
Later that day we took the bus to Prishtina and went for a dinner together with my ljochka Shpetimi. On Saturday we made an excursion to Prizren where we very unexpectedly met Antoine and Carsten from Skopje, Antoine's brother and Amelie, a volunteer from Krusevac. Later the same day we went out in Prishtina, in Pejton where I met with Lena, a German girl from Prishtina Summer University 2007. The day of meetings. We had some beer and rakia, and then went to 212 Club. DJ Bambooka sucked (he is an OK drummer, though), there was too much smoke and I was falling asleep standing.
On Sunday we came back to Skopje, quickly changed clothes and continued to Ohrid where I sit now. Kosta who owns Villa Kosta is a very nice guy, he explained me perfectly how to get to Sv. Naum today and was just extra sweet. I will spread a good word about his apartments. So today everything went smooth except the weather. It was a real storm today. First was just windy, but sunny. Then big dark clouds started to come from the mountains. And later was also raining. And big wind again. But luckily we managed to escape the rainy moments and find a sanctuary in the many cafes and restaurants. I do love the restaurant Belvedere. Since my first time in Ohrid, I go to eat dinner only there. The waiters there are gold and I just want to leave a tip even if it is not the rule in Macedonia.
Lake Ohrid looks like a real ocean today with green blue water, big waves with white hats, and invisible opposite coast. Colors are amazing. I think I will have very beautiful photos from today, with a better camera they would be like from National Geographic. While walking today, we went into one ph9to gallery. A short trip around Macedonia in pictures. It was perfect and the photos were great for decorating a stylish apartment. Nobody could guess where the photos are from. Certainly not Europe.
My photos will come later...keep posted.
Dace

No comments: