Monday, March 10

long way to snowy Sarajevo and some big thoughts






I am just back from midterm training in Sarajevo and full of energy to do something. Today I am trying to think of a youth exchange bringing together young creative people from different countries with a common wish to change things, create their own way and throw away the take-job mentality. In one word: young entrepreneurs.
But regarding Sarajevo. It was cool in all possible senses. We had a problem with cloth and shoes choice because we did not expect it is going to snow (and snow so much!). The snow was melting and my fabric sneakers were getting wet in the exact second I stepped out of hotel. Now I am back in sunny, dry, 20 degrees warm Skopje and Sarajevo looks like a distant dream.
The training was nice, was so nice to see almost all the familiar faces from my on-arrival training and some new faces as well. It felt so cozy to share our similar experiences and feel understood. And yes, as I said at the end: I was amazed how smart and talented we all are! The future of Europe is in good hands:)
The first night was great irrespective of the rude service at the Brewery. But I really enjoyed Akademski Kulturni Centar, the live music, no oxygen, almost naked guys, singing along, heat... the atmosphere was magic. And the next nite we organized our own magic party at Hotel Grand. First bringing alcohol with big bags on a muddy trail over the rails and an empty train station, second dancing at something like Bregovič, second drinking a lot and lot of Herzegovin red wine, having very deep nonsense conversations and still being drunk in the morning. I think I missed it and it was the right time and the right place, and the right company.
It was sad that the training was only 2 days. I had the feeling that it finished just after it began. And I am starting to get the same feeling about my EVS. My best mates here Viki and Anja are leaving in less than 1 month and I have less than 4 left for myself. Where are all the things we planned to do together? A bit depressing... and a bit stressing. Now I want to run and grab everything, take it to the maximum. Enough of opušteno!
Yesterday we went for a nice dinner with Viki. There was a wedding in the restaurant but we could get a chicken steak from the grill and Šopska salad. And we had a long talk at my glass of wine and Viki's glass of Gorska Voda. About the pros and cons of the life in the Balkans.
Yeah, maybe I am really undergoing that 2nd BIG CRISIS...

No comments: