Thursday, October 4

Adaptacija

My roommate, hungarian girl, is arriving today at 14:45. I guess I will join Nikola to the airport to meet her :) Maybe we will also go to see our new flat today. But not likely it will be available till Monday. So Hungarian girl will also stay with us at Inese's and Pierre's (french guy who is visiting his girlfriend in Slovenia right now but otherwise is sharing the appartment with Inese) appartment. Pierre will be back on Sunday or Monday.
I was doubting to go to visit Pristhina again this week, but I feel that I need to get used to the life here the first week. It is a great chance to feel and live the city because i have a lot of free time - slow adaptation :) Very nomal EVS start And I don't want to miss the language classes. We had 2nd class yesterday and we will also have one today. I like them. I like Macedonian.
Yesterday I met Zdravko. In the morning he was doing medical check for driving licence (yes, he is also doing it!). We met at 11, actually I was late :P It was really nice to see him again. Hmm... but then he was meeting one Serbian girl and seems they have something since a couple of days ;-) So, later I deciced to leave them alone and go for a walk in the Albanian part. I really liked Carshija, i will go shopping there for earings later, lovely silver things :) I just had 300 den. with me but I bought a pair and now wearing them all the time. Also the market is amazing and in a way felt so at home to hear Albanian around! And bureks and coffees are cheaper on that side of the river.
Zdravko promised me that we are climbing the mountain to the big cross this weekend. Even if he does not join, I am going for it!
There is no reply from Natasa, I smsed her 2 days ago when I got my Macedonian mobile number. I am going to call her today.
I still have not received my insurance. I got some strange fax from my sending organization, I don' t know what to sign there. And what really sucks - my surname is misspelled!!! Stupid French?
Yesterday Inese had a date with some guy whom she described as the most awsome macedonian ever (or sth like that). They went to some new age coffee place in the center (as she described it, very lovely - like a yard, with little springs, bridges, lanterns, cats and dogs should also live there. and there are tables on the little cute bridges). I stayed at home and watched Mr&Mrs Smith, met Nikola's (Inese's boss) mother who took my laundry and did it at her place.
This morning I went for a lovely jog up the hill towards some monastery, you can also climb to the cross from there. At the monastery it started to get really steep, I was losing my breath, so had to ran back. It is a really nice neighborhood, I would not mind to live there :)

No comments: