Wednesday, April 2

April, April

It was not an April joke and my flatmate Viki really left today. It feels kind of empty in the house, but I think I still have not understood that she's really gone home.
There is a girl sleeping in her bed, but she is not my new flatmate. My new flatmate had to arrive today but (according to Albert) her brother woke up from 2 weeks in coma. At least that is better than the previous information from Albert that he went to coma... Anyways I really hope everything is and will be fine for both of them and of course her cat. The girl who is sleeping now in Viki's bed is Katja from Poland, an ex-EVS volunteer who came to a Youth Exchange now. I know her from my first visit to Macedonia, more than a year ago. She still remembered me, which was wow for me. I guess I know more about her than she does about me because of Laura's stories, but I was impressed that she did remember the most important facts from my life 1 year ago (not much has changed actually...).
Welll...after the bye-bye in the airport, some mixed feelings, some tears I came home and cleaned up a bit after the improvised good-bye party with Macedonian souvenirs and Serbian champagne and dirty feet on our kitchen floor. Then I went to the language lesson. After that I went to a Macedonian music concert in the Skopje City Museum together with Urška. It was a crap-crap and we ran away during the break (Pauza). We went to Ramstore for ice-cream (mmm... consumer generation) and to Mala Stanica for a beer, but at the end we took tea and salep. There was crappy French music and good (but very short) puppet show. Other volunteers came (it is a real EVS gathering place, especially French EVS)... so we also got beer finally. Some girls were singing French songs, which was not bad at all except that they did not know how to sing with a microphone and the organizers did not know how to contact the microphone properly...
After Mala Stanica we had a very nice suvlaki on the way to Ploshtad were was a concert and the 1st of April Carnival. They really go crazy about carnivals here. I was thinking today that if I stayed in Macedonia, there would be a point to invest in a really nice costume because I would have many many chances to wear it. Maybe they are really too conservative and traditional, and not liberal in the everyday life that they need these carnivals to go wild. I noticed again that guys here really love to dress in female clothes, walk like females and rub against other guys. And another good thing about these carnivals - you have a chance to wear your wedding dress again! I saw quite many girls in wedding dresses today, some together with their grooms, some not.
***
Lilacs are already in full bloom!!!! I can't believe it is just April 1.

2 comments:

Olwin said...

Salut, Sveika, Zdravo, Hoi,

Yes, I finally ended op in the babylonian world called on arrival training. It's good to read that you're still enjoying yourself. I linked you to my own blog: timpulzboara.blogspot.com.

Greetings from Arad,
Olwin

dace said...

Hey, great to hear from you here! Arrival training was good?
I will add your blog here, too