Thursday, December 13

salsa nights in skopje

Yesterday was my 2nd time in Van Gogh on salsa Wednesdays. In the beginning I could not get the salsa mood and salsa steps, it is really a dance to feel in your hips, in your body. If i just repeat the steps, it feels and looks stupid (actually it is true for all the dances, but salsa and other sexy Latino dances is the most stupid). People came late last night, only half past 10 it was getting full. And it is closing at 12 as all normal bars in Skopje. So for 1 hour it was hot in there and I was really getting the salsa moves! It was actually nice :)
I was talking to one guy (Macedonian by origin, but Swedish by... everything else). He is 1 month here only. He was saying that his friends were surprised that there are salsa parties in Skopje and not just turbofolk. And we agreed that salsa is not really our thing, but we have ended up here already not the 1st time. And we have not been to any real Yugoslav party and also we need to find some rock cafes.
One guy stuck to me in the toilet of Van Gogh and was telling many times how beautiful I am and asking how he can meet me again. I clearly sent him to hell, but he was not giving up and actually with a sense of humor. I liked his friend more, who was not so clearly asking for sex but had an intelligent look of neurosurgeon (what he actually is). VCS (Volunterski Centar Skopje) people were in Sektor last night, there were some alternative short movie shows and one guy of VCS had also his movie(s) shown there. Sticky guy and neurosurgeon offered to take us there by car, which was actually good because we would have never found this place ourselves (or it would have taken a considerable amount of time). Sticky guy had a really nice car with intelligence system (hello, doors are open! bye...lala) and light leather seats. They paid us the entrance to the place and I got one more beer for free. I had quite an interesting talk with both guys... Gosh, what happens with these intelligent, good looking males after 40? It is actually sad. But I am never fucking out of sympathy. And I am taken, almost married. Zafatena. Točka

1 comment:

davidr said...

i appreciate the dutchness in your life in lots of ways. Not only are you smart enough to get free rides, entrance and drinks, also you go to a bar called van gogh all the time. How do macedonians pronounce that? I will check here in amsterdam wether there are any bars named after macedonian painters...