Saturday, March 21

Hijazz - one more +

Yesterday, I was to a Kvartet Traktör concert in Hijazz. It was my second time there and the first time was Balkan too - a band which was playing Macedonian music. Maybe the Balkan connection, maybe 8% Efes extra, but I really enjoyed myself both times. We had a preparty with a great thick home made pizza, french sausage and wine before, so in the beginning I could not really start to jump in the fast beats of Balkan gypsy music, they should have started with something slower. The guys were good, but still a real thing is a real thing. Sorry to say but I enjoyed the records after the live music more :) I really danced myself off... We also had taken some great drum bangers with us so at the end it resulted in an exceptionally great evening! Thank you guys!

It's another beautiful day here. It is so hard to stay inside and study. While making my Swedish coffee Balkan way and sipping it from my nationalistic Macedonian cups, I was looking down on the crocuses and just feeling very very happy! The spring is here! But it is a bit weird in these moments, when there is no snow and +5 so far to the north where I am now and only +1 and snow in Macedonia. I hope the spring wins there before I come.

Talking about Macedonia... the things seem to be getting worse and worse there with liberties and democracy. Students are organizing protests because they feel much more censorship in the universities and a stress on discipline. The student newspaper and radio is closed and saying something, which is outside the accepted lines, can mean different repressions - as failed exams and exclusion from the university...

No comments: