Sunday, February 15

amazing world

I am now sitting at home in Salaspils, Latvia. Yesterday night was flying from Skavsta to Riga, looking down at the vanishing lights of Nyköping and thinking how crazy it would seem just 20 years ago... well it is still crazy. I paid 2 SEK for my return plane ticket from Sweden to Latvia! You cannot buy anything for this money in Sweden. Not even Latvia anymore... maybe a box of matches still. Going home for a week costs the same as if I lived in Nyköping because I only paid for the train ticket. When I told this to a friend yesterday, he gave me 2 Swedish crowns - paid for my plane home, hehe :)

And another thing this morning - I open my Facebook account (that how we learn to know everything nowadays, all the newest gossips), there are some adds on the right side. And you know what they offer me? To subscribe for tampons! So I would never need to worry anymore if I have forgotten to buy them!

And the not so funny thing (though some of my friends find it funny), I will return to an empty room because the guy who lived in this room before finally removed his furniture. And I dont have any money now to buy furniture, even from IKEA. So, please, maybe you have something you dont need? Donate me some furniture!

2 comments:

Sol & Ed said...

cha. es arī kā reiz šodien atlidoju no Skavstas, braucu caur turieni uz Maltu un sanāca pabūt Nykopingā :)

dace said...

būtu tā kā jasaskrienas pa ilgiem laikiem? es esmu mājās līdz 23. februārim