Saturday, July 12

What you should never do...

... in Eastern countries do not try to go to the Western places and don't try Western food
i have made this conclusion again and again and last time after the night-club in Diyarbakir. The bar was a bit better but that's not where the people go, and it in no way looks like in the West. But nargile and tavla places are nice...still it is not the culture to go out in the evenings. And not a culture to travel around stay at hostels/hotels. If they travel, they stay at their relatives.
I can advise the book by Tom Brosnahan 'Turkey: Bright Sun, Strong Tea'
It filled in my siesta times and waiting times perfectly and blended with my own experiences in a new, better insight.
And I do miss the strong tea. Not that much the bright sun, maybe. And I miss our gang. Problems bring people closer together. It is true.

No comments: